Monday, April 11, 2011

Quotes

There is perhaps no one of natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Disguise it. Struggle with it. Stifle it. Mortify it as much as one pleases. It is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself. . .Even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility.

- Benjamin Franklin


----


'any pang of healing or forgiveness or goodness I have ever felt comes solely from the grace of God.'

-Phillip Yancey in What's so Amazing about Grace


----


"After the suffering of his soul

he will see the light of life and be satisfied

by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,

and he will bear their iniquities.

Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,

and he will divide the spoils with the strong,

because he poured out his life unto death,

and was numbered with the transgressors.

For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."


-Isaiah 53:11-13

No comments: