Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Organists

It's been a busy week, with a busy month left of school. I'll be really glad when the next 5 weeks of craziness are over, but I'm trying to embrace these last few weeks instead of wishing them away. The past week was rough and so I was glad when my parents drove down for a banquet Thursday night. I had breakfast with them on Friday morning before my dad left, and hung out with my mom all day Friday running errands together.

Friday night was CCF's formal (which isn't ever formal). This year's theme was "Favorite Childhood Toys" and so I dressed as a Bop-It. Less because I loved the game, and more because it was an easy costume and I found it to be clever. I'll post pictures in the next few days. I had fun releasing stress by way of my ghettofabulous dance moves....and I think others watching enjoyed them too.

Immediately after I ran back, took a quick shower and jumped in the car with mom, my roommate Ashli, and my friend Claire for the 6.5 hour drive home. Yea, we're crazy college kids...we got in at 4:30am EST quite a few coffee stops later. It was fun having the company driving...and we definitely got our Disney jams on...I think mom got a little more than she bargained for, but she was a great sport.

The next day it was all about my sis, Karissa. The reason for coming home (apart from getting a much deserved break from Stetson) was for her senior prom, so we were all up the next morning at 9 for nail, hair, and makeup appointments. (Minus Claire who went to spend the day with her Boo in P-cola 2 hours away)

I'll post pictures of my sis in the next post too. . .she was beautiful as always and one of my favorite moments of the trip was her asking me to help her get ready. Definitely Kaylyn crazy emotional moment.

My parents cooked steaks for me and my friends and I loved getting to sit at the table with my family and friends--and my Nanny & Jack came over too. We all played a rousing round of Apples to Apples before the prom crew was back for a quick change and then off again and we were all fast asleep.

Church with the family and friends on Sunday as well as family pictures (not my favorite thing in the world) on the beach. Claire, Ashli and I got up Monday morning at 5:30 and drove straight back to school in time for afternoon classes.

Definitely didn't get as much rest as I had intended or wanted, but I'm so, so glad the weekend went the way it did.

-------

Bee Tea Dubs....My favorite part about going to church at my parent's church is watching the organist. I know. This seems to be really silly, creepy, etc. I guess my history with organists is less than amusing. So my preconceived image of them is not very pleasant (stupid Kaylyn for judging) but has one of the most joyful spirits I know. She doesn't stop smiling while she is playing and her love for the Lord radiates through her playing and her attitude as she worships. She and I haven't had any conversations, but I think she has made one of the biggest impacts in my life by the way her relationship with the Lord overflows even in simple things like playing the organ.

No comments: