Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dear Blank.



  • Dear College,


Thank you for instilling in me the willingness to sleep all day and stay awake all night. Thank you for an endless supply of pasta varieties in the lunchroom and for having the lawn service cut grass at 7am outside my window. Thank you for having a diversity day, where classes are canceled even though you know we all just go to the beach instead of attending lectures. Thank you for life-long friendships made over meaning-of-life conversations and sarcastic humor at your expense. Thank you for the upkeep of the property, even though it's funny how that happens right before alumni and incoming student tour weekends. Thanks for public safety, even though I've almost died more than once due to their horrible golf cart driving skills. It's amazing the impact you've had on my life in just three short years. I would say my time with you has been priceless, but then I remember you price it at a minuscule 45 grand a year.



Love,



An empowered college student.



----------





  • Dear Orange Play-Doh on my desk,


Thank you for being flexible. Thanks for helping me relieve stress, and providing a creative outlet when I'm writing research papers.



Love,



A child



-------





  • Dear Laundry on my bed,


You are wrinkled. I know you feel neglected now, but I assure you, you will get the last laugh when I'm wearing you around this week.



Love,



A lazy housekeeper





---------







  • Dear wall of pictures and letters,


Some may judge you, but I adore you. Thank you for reminding me of all the people that care about me. Thank you for reminding me that I am loved. Also, thanks for adding a splash of color to these white walls.



Love,



A friend, sister, daughter, and granddaughter.



----------





  • Dear Specifically Picture of Pacey Whitter on my wall,


Whew. Thank you. Enough said.



Love,



Team Pacey and a Dawson Creek Fanatic



--------





  • Dear Alarm Clock,


We go way back. You invaded my life way back in middle school. Frankly I think the older I get the more we grow far apart. I like that you're a metallic green, but that's about all I like about you. There's something very naggingly annoying about you. You are constantly buzzing about something and to be honest I've had enough. I promise this isn't me being bitter about the fact that you are currently reminding me it is 3 am and I'm not sleeping, or the fact that you will be ringing again in a very small number of hours. I'm just asking you to be more gentle about it. I mean, remember that time that you made me fall off of my 5 foot lofted bed freshman year? That hurt a lot. Let's be better friends these last few weeks okay? Let me snooze a little.



Love,



Not a morning person



---------





  • Dear painting on my wall,


I just noticed you are crooked. Now I can't think about anything else.



Love,



OCD



--------







  • Dear Readers of this blog,
the last few posts have been pretty heavy. don't worry. i'm still fun. i promise. Love, Kaylyn

1 comment:

Alex J. said...

- Dear writer of this blog.

For the past several months you have posted many a blog about various things... wonderings... happenings... and the like. What I am upset about is to just now be reading about this magical metalic-green alarm clock. It sounds amazing. I have always had a great relationship with my alarm... but they always felt misused because I would awake before their ringing and disengage their song. I did the work for them.

I guess what I am trying to say is... college is crazy... you are awesome... I wish I had orange play dough.

Love,
A brotha from anotha motha