Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Come with me, and you'll be in a world of Pure Imagination.

So, it's been a long weekend and first two days of the week for sure.
This past weekend the campus ministry I'm involved in put on Dessert Theatre, which is a fundraiser during friends and family weekend to raise money for our spring break mission trip. This year's theme was Willy Wonka. We played the movie, served all you can eat dessert, and acted out/sang/danced to the songs.
It was a hit!! And although I was thoroughly exhausted after, I had a ton of fun!
Here are some inadequate pictures of the evening and some funny ones of me that I hope will bring you a laugh or two instead of thinking i'm really vain.


We had a ton of desserts!!
All made made by students...well, except those cookies that are definitely from Publix.

Some of the decorations on the stage.
Too bad there weren't pictures of the other decorations.
We had cardboard painted giant candies everywhere.

I got to see some of my friends that are retired/graduated which is always exciting!!
This is Margie. She was the BCM director my freshman and sophomore years and retired after 13 years as the director. She's 71 and a complete loon. But I love her to death and she is such a blessing in my life.



Janie (graduated last year) came to see me!!
Janie has some killer basketball skills, and sometimes I get to go to her apartment and watch Glee with her and make homemade pizza.



The students served the audience as if we were factory workers.
This is me and my awesome roommate, Ashli, getting drinks for our Wonka visitors.

I realize I haven't written about Ashli, and I should.
She is a good friend and person to live.
She puts up with my crazy.





Some of the audience. We had the place packed out!!
People were sitting in the balcony!




Here are my fabulous Juniors two stepping to a hip/hop version of 'Pure Imagination'.
Oh man.
This was the best and worst part of the evening.
Every other group did a lip dub/ choreographed dance to the movie while it was playing in the background.
We muted the movie, played some crazy audio of the song while rapping/singing the words.
Major problem: we didn't know the words.
Major problem number 2: most of us don't have rhythm or soul.
and. are. awkward.
But it was sooo funny. train wreck and i was laughing the entire time..







Um this is me rapping my portion of pure imagination
Of course, I killed it.
Naturally.






The seniors did 'I've got a Golden Ticket'







Sophomores did the Candy Man song









and we had some of our freshman volunteer to be OOMPA LOOMPAS!!!
They did amazing and definitely stole the show.







So proud of Chole, Briane, and Suzanne!





I'm partial to my Juniors though.
This group of people is so much fun. :)






And then clean-up began, with me being a little slap-happy because of lack of sleep and the excitement of one more responsibility being completed.





I was really excited to find out I was a "good egg"
To all of you haters and doubters out there. . here's the proof.



But things turned around really quickly. . .:(



Not sure what we were doing here. But this picture scares me and makes me laugh at the same time.




And, if Willy Wonka wasn't creepy enough to begin with. . .



Bee Tea Dubs, I'm really excited about this season that highlights friends and family and thanks. . .because these are the kinds of moments and people I am thankful for.

No comments: