Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sara


I have a friend Sara. She and I met by way of one of our good friends, Jessica. Sara is from Honduras, and has taught me a lot about being brave. I admire her go-get-em attitude about things, her genuinue compassion she has on people who she knows nothing about, and her love for people who are completely different from her. She is perserverant and hardworking.



(((bee tea dubs, the picture above is really old. Freshman year, and she would kill me if she found out I uploaded it, but I couldn't find any other one)))

I don't get to see or talk to her much. In fact, this year I could probably count the number of real conversations we have had on one hand. But when I hear her speak; when I listen to her thoughts, I am amazed at the wisdom and articulation she possesses.





This week I was blessed when in a leadership meeting we were all sharing about people who have left a big inpact on our lives and she shared about both of her grandmothers in a very unique way.





I love Sara in that she has the wisdom of knowing when to speak and exactly how little to say. I could learn a lot from Sara in that.





Tonight, Sara overheard a conversation I had with a friend about my interview. She knew I was nervous, and worried, and stressed and also knew I knew I shouldn't be. And in her own, quiet, perfect way, demonstrated God's unending love for me. And unending patience with me.





Sara sent me a message with the following prayer, letting me know that her grandmother had given her this before her internship this past summer in Washington DC. Sara said that if things didn't sound right that it was because she had translated it from spanish. But when I read it, I couldn't have been any more clearly shaken.








I am thankful for Sara, and for this prayer for/of me tonight.





Holy Spirit,


Inspire me always,


in what I should think,


in what I should say,


in how I should say it,


in what I should leave unsaid.


in how I should act,


in what I have to do.


For God's glory and the good for my sisters and brothers


Holy Spirit,


grant me insight to understand,


capacity to retain,


method and capability to learn


subtley to interpret,


grace and efficiency while speaking


Grant me aptness to begin,


guidance along the way


and perfection in finalizing.


-Amen.




Bee Tea Dubs, I'm continually amazed by the Love of my Lord.

No comments: