Thursday, November 25, 2010

In these last few days . . .

I have had an interview for a summer internship.

I have broken down into sobs in my dark, silent dorm room. . desperately listening

I have begun reading this book. . .




I have spend some time with my family and have been encouraged by my mom.

I have gone through moments where I was stressed out about finals, and then other moments where I have justified a sense of apathy toward academia.


I have sat at a coffee shop and listened to a friend talk about their daily drug use.

I have been honest with myself, and kept myself busy to avoid my thoughts.


I have lost distant family members, and have been scared to loose ones close to me.

I have laughed and danced and sang and enjoyed precious moments with my sister.


I have been blessed beyond measure.


I have been shakened.

I have listened to Santus Real's 'Whatever You're Doing' a few times.

And I have sat in my parent's kitchen starring at an empty blog screen at 2am, without any words to discribe the Lord's power, the Lord's presence, and the Lord's glory.

These last few days have not been about drama, although this blog seems to be a bit dramatic.

These last few days have not been about difficult decisions nor have they been about mere human experience and lessons learned.

These last few days have been about God's grace pouring richly over me soley in order for me to glorify Him in all and through all.


And that makes these last few days no different than any other day in history.

No comments: