Sunday, September 5, 2010

Swamp People

This weekend was great for me.
An escape I needed--I'm so weak for only being at school for 2 weeks and needed an escape, but I did.
I visited my family on the farm. haha.

I love visiting them even though culturally we are a little different, we really love each other and quality time with them is always fun.

I got to eat WONDERFUL food (as always)
including: fish fry..complete with grits and swamp cabbage, spaghetti, bbq chicken, homemade cake, cookies, peach cobbler (you're getting the drift of the desserts right?)

I got to go to a high school football game with my aunt and uncle and cousin..
I got to listen to my great grandmother (who is crazy for sure) tell some fun stories and argue about how old she was. What a blessing to have a great grandmother.

I got to watch "Swamp People" with my entire extended family and laugh together and some similarities and silliness.

We celebrated 4 September birthdays (including my father's and my sister's).

We heard my aunts and my dad relive childhood experiences and stories about injuries. .

just fun all the way around.

-----

AND I SLEPT.

I arrived here on Thursday and slept 12ish hours out of the first 16 I was here. It was beautiful. I haven't been sleeping a lot lately and the joy of feeling refreshed was wonderful.

I took several naps and was super lazy and it was great!

-----

Looking at all of these pictures on the walls of me and my family growing up was a good reminder of where I have come from and all of the blessings along the way.

A lot of Love in these walls. For sure.
We (I) joke a lot about country people, about "rednecks" and about the boondocks.
But these people (my family) are so genuine and loving and I am thankful to Him for a great support for me, and a great escape this weekend.

-----

and of course the weekend wouldn't be complete without a family church service.
Not only did we sing "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" but we also learned about our pride.

BOOM.

----

We'll see what happens, while this weekend has been a great escape and break from reality-- I have a lot to think about and decide on and come to some sort of conclusion tomorrow.

So yea, pray for that.

I've been comforted by Romans 5 this weekend--just tying in a lot of the Grace and Peace and Joy I've been reflecting and thinking on lately.

--

Bee Tea Dubs, I can only boast in the Cross.

No comments: