Saturday, August 28, 2010

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.

Great is Thy faithfulness.
-----
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. -Psalm 57:10
-----
This summer I learned a great deal about faithfulness.
The divine process in which God keeps His promises.
A demonstration of love.
-
His faithfulness was so apparent in even getting me to Tennessee this summer.
-
God was faithful in bringing such a great staff together.
To encourage me.
To challenge me.
-
He was faithful in giving me words to say.
In response to students who had faced a great deal of suffering.
And faithful in allowing me to listen, when words were not required.
-
He was faithful in providing energy everyday.
Because waking up every morning, making it through the schedule was not by my strength at all.
-
He was faithful in placing me with 7th and 8th graders--a scary thought.
And reminding me about joy and excitement--and how important it is to be cool in middle school.
((and faithful in showing me I still care about silly things like that too))
-----
Great Is Thy Faithfulness
"For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever."
Psalm 117:2
-----
God was faithful in allowing me to run the lights this summer.
So that I could have a private worship service with Him every night.
-
He was faithful in allowing my bible study students to sit in one of the 5 seats I could see from the light table.
-
He was faithful to silence me and humble me.
I had no voice for most of the summer.
Such a blessing.
-
He was faithful to bring LAUGHTER and FUN.
SO much FUN.
JOY.
-
And He was Faithful, to remind me of the one source of true Joy.
Himself.
-
He was faithful to allow me to be "significantly insignificant"
-----
Morning, by Morning new Mercies I see.
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
-Lamentations 3:40
-----
God was so faithful in forgiving me.
In using me.
In teaching me.
In loving me, despite myself.
-
Every.
-
Single.
-
Morning.
-----
All I have Needed Thy Hand Hath Provided
"For the Word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does." --Psalm 33:4
-----
When I needed energy.
When I needed to be slapped in the face.
When I needed a voice.
When I needed a friend.
When I needed encouragement.
When I needed to be challenged.
When I needed to be humbled.
When I needed to surrender.
When I needed to be obedient.
When I needed to be shaped.
When I needed to change.
When I needed Truth.
When I needed a summer like no other.
-
When I needed forgiveness and salvation and love.
HE provided.
HE is faithful.
-----
Great is Thy Faithfulness
"He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he." -Deuteronomy 32:4
-
"The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made." - Psalms 145:13
-
"Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them--the Lord, who remains faithful forever.
-Psalm 146:5-6
-----
From day one and Anna.
To the final day and Austin.
-
He was faithful.
-
and is faithful.
-
and will be faithful.
-----
Lord Unto Me!
-
and bee tea dubs....there are more words and pictures and stories to come.