Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Its been awhile, let's talk about Joy.

So after over a year of not writing for this blog I'm back. I'm not sure why I haven't written in over a year--probably busyness mixed with no motivation and little inspiration. . but I'm glad I've taken a break. I've read through my previous posts and deleted most of them because looking back I see how narrow my perspective was on things, how limited I allowed myself to become--and I'm sure some of this has to do with the growing up process and feeling a little less naive at this moment--a feeling I'll probably look back on and laugh at. But I like to laugh, so I've decided to put myself out there again and fill you (whoever you are) in on what's transformed my life in the last year.

The last time I wrote, I was living at home, working a summer job for the money, feeling a little monotonous and a little unsatisfied with my contribution to the world.

I am so thankful to the Lord for this past year. For allowing me to experience several things that will possibly change that outlook forever. When reading my posts I have seen how self-centered they have been. How so engourged with the everyday experiences of my insignificant life I miss devine moments--BLESSINGS--I've been given with each rising of the sun.

So. With this new and improved "blogger" . . I plan to encorporate a more removed view. Continuing on the journey to remove my flesh and let Him fill me and use me. Continuing to look to serve others with His love. Continuing to live the "not-about-me" lifestyle. . and in that. Seeing beauty in all of life's lovely experiences.

Because when I look at my life through His eyes. . .everything is beautiful. Because He created it and gave it to me.

I hope that my voice would be only me narrorattion of what He has given me and what He is doing in and through me.


The highlights from the past year will be coming to you in the next few posts. The two biggest events would probably be:

-Traveling to East Asia for Christmas and sharing there.
-Working with 7-8th grade students at a church camp for 8 weeks.


Talking about each of these experiences will require a blog of their own--but that should give you a little bit of a tease as to whats to come.

But as for today, I was doing some reading in 1 Peter today and really didn't make it past chapter 1.

Follows are verses 3-9...

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade--kept in heven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. these have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are recieving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls."


Woah. If I could express a single place God has transformed me over the last 12 months..(and that is hard because I feel like He has taught me so much and shaped me in many different ways)...it would be to teach me about His peace and joy. A joy that I so easily forget when things don't go my way.

What a unbelievable gift He has given us. .one that will "never perish, spoil, or fade" . .that we may have Joy. So many times I find it easy to see the bad. The bad in situations, in people, in how a day went wrong...yet I have been made complete and have been given an "inexpressible and glorious joy" through my salvation through Jesus.

Whoo Hoo.

I hope that my writing henceforth reflects this joy. This peace. While yes, there are trials in this world and we suffer. . they are also an opportunity to glofiy Him who has given us an eternal gift--and a Joy.

We, as Christians live to glorify Him. In all aspects of our lives. So my prayer in this new blog era--(haha, that was more epic than required)--would be that it would glorify my Joy--Jesus.


Bee Tea Dubs, He wants to give you Joy too.

1 comment:

Molly said...

welcome back to blog land. cant wait to stalk you.
miss you alot kiddo.