Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Legos, Laughs, and Love

So, while I'm in Chattanooga, TN. . .well the original reason for being in Chattanooga. . .is to attend the wedding of one Mr. Alex Jenson Ford to the lovely Rebecca McPherson.






This is alex and rebecca:

Your reaction to the photo above was most likely my first thoughts about Alex. goofy. and hilarious. And after meeting Mr. Ford, it will only take you a few minutes to be privy to the depth of his love for people, to his truly selfless heart, and his desire for all to be included and loved.



Thanks to his excellent choice in a person capable of running lights this summer, Alex and I had a lot of time to get to talk, and I have learned so much about his heart for others. I want to love people like Alex loves people. I want to be able to put myself last, like Alex puts himself last.




Alex has a great way of breaking down people's walls, and bringing people together through his hilarious story telling, unashamed honesty, and his sincere desire to want to know people. And not just facts knowledge, but the deeper knowledge that comes from a true investment in their lives. And the best part is that he uses these gifts to bring the Lord glory. And while he is just fun in general, that was so indescribably fun to watch this summer.



His demonstration for his love for his family and friends ....and to complete strangers... comes in the form of selfless service, and while he like the rest of us is far from perfect, I am challenged by how much he is determined to capture 1 Corinthians's definition of love.



Speaking of love. . . .I have had the privilege of meeting his soon-to-be wife, Rebecca. While, unfortunately, I have not gotten to spend too much time with the Mrs, I can already see how she shares Alex's love for people in the way she has been so encouraging to me without even knowing me at all. Her quiet passion doesn't go unnoticed.




Alex became my brother this summer--so we put together legos, exchanged jokes, and I beat him in basketball.....always. I don't have a biological brother, so I hope that those who do have a relationship like the friendship I had with Alex this summer. It was and continues to be a true blessing.



I am so glad that I am privileged with the opportunity to attend these people's wedding: they are wonderful and I can't wait to see them:



Listen don't judge this picture. It's the only one I had. Plus we are hot. Literally. We were standing underneath the AC in the Chatt. town zoo, because it was a bagillion degrees outside.
bee tea dubs. . .to those of you who were requesting this blog. . .you're next.

No comments: