Saturday, December 25, 2010

Hope

I stumbled across this quote tonight while reading a random book on my parents bookshelf. The words were found on the wall of a concentration camp.

"I believe in the sun, even though it doesn't shine,
I believe in love, even when it isn't shown,
I believe in God, even when he doesn't speak."

I cannot imagine the person who carved these words, nor the state he/she was in at the time. A seemingly hopeless situation, yet the quote speaks of hope.

We are seemingly hopeless, without the hope that is Christ.

Christ is Hope.

Merry Christmas.



"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." --1 Peter 1:3


"God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." --Hebrews 6:18-19



No comments: