Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Adventure: Part I

So with two finals down and two to go, I have taken a quick break today to clean my room (only to mess it up with notes and things in the next few days) and to spend some much needed time lounging with my roommate, Ashli. Tonight we made a Chic Fil A run, threw on some sweats and watched Eat Pray Love, and then indulged in some reeses pie made by Jessica's mom. (Delish).



Today was great, and while I'm sure tomorrow I will be spending most of the day with my nose in my Tax book, I have appreciated the time to enjoy small things like finding old cards and things while cleaning up my room.



This semester has truly flown by. I hated when adults used to say that growing up. "In the blink of an eye, you'll be in my shoes". . yadda yadda yadd. . ."the years go by faster every year"



It didn't really make much sense, but as much as I would like to say they are still crazy (and most adults are) I completely understand time flying.



So tonight, I am pausing time (in my mind of course), and reflecting on this semester--on things that I've caught, and on things that I've missed. And I'm thinking about my break.

SO--I figured I'd take the next few days to share with blogland my Christmas break events one at a time. . .and a little bit about the people I get to see on my break that seems to have become one big road trip of adventure.




So first off. . . .



In 9 days I get to see this girl:




I'm excited to get to have some time with Carrie before she goes home to the golden state for Christmas time with her family. Carrie was my boss, sometimes a diva (well, she wears the sunglasses fo' sho'), and always my friend. She has fun stories like me, and even though she hides it a little better than I do--most definitely has some awkwardness in there. Another fun fact: she doesn't like the top of her desk to be messy. If the drawers are messy that's okay. And her hummus has to be flat so she's really careful when she's eating it with her fav. snack, Wheat Thins.

Carrie has a beautiful voice and a beautiful heart to match.

She answers my random questions and then throws some back at me.

I have a lot of respect for Carrie, because I have seen her demonstrate integrity on a daily basis.

I am challenged by Carrie's honesty, and encouraged by her passionate strength.

Although Carrie's tear ducts operate at a different capacity than my own, I have been witness to just how deeply she cares for the Lord and for His people and this goes much deeper than simple emotions. It is grounded in obedience.

Sometimes she pretends she's a spider, and sometimes she tries to show me she's footclapping, but doesn't really show me that at all. Sometimes she confuses her words when on the phone with church secretaries, and also tells students "feelings are stupid". But whatever she's doing; its with conviction and devotion--I'm learning a lot from Carrie and am super excited to get some time (though short) with her in almost a week!

bee tea dubs. . .stay tuned for the rest of my Christmas break adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this part of your Christmas adventure and I love how you capture the essence of people in words. You are so insightful and you hit some fun/hilarious/deep/true characteristics of Carrie. Merry Christmas!