Monday, October 25, 2010

Perfectly Imperfect.

Unconditional happiness.

Or maybe conditionally because of what has already happened at the cross--nonetheless. . not letting current circumstances affect my joy. A challenge. A struggle. A goal, and a focus.

Discipline.

I don't go to bed on time or wake up on time. I don't exercise or eat like I should. I spend too much time on Facebook and, although I study a lot, if I spent my time in my books more focused it would take a lot less time. Channeling my creative moments into projects that achieve goals rather than hinder me from accomplishing tasks.

Things I need to work on.

Relationships.

Wanting to invest in people without ulterior motives. . (e.g. How can I get these people to work with me, how can I get them involved in my small group). . fighting off selfishness and fighting for building other people up, encouraging them and challenging them in love.

Control.

Being okay with the lack of it in my life. Controlling the things I should (e.g. my temper, my attitude, my focus) and letting go of the things I can't (e.g. my future job, people)

Language.

Making sure the things I say build people up rather than breaking them down. Making sure that my words don't counter-act my actions and vise versa.

Pride.

The need for being right, and having people know I am right. The longing for affirmation from others. Caring so much about how people view me, what their thoughts are.

Fear

Of failure, of rejection, of weakness, of offending people. Not letting these things affect my calling. Reminding myself that the Lord has a history of using imperfections of silly people.

----

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
--2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

No comments: