Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Torn into Pieces

Last night my friend, Claire, and I had an impromptu worship jam session. It was much needed and the Lord blessed me through the music (even with my less than amateur guitar skills and allergic vocals--Claire did good work for both of us). She introduced me to this song, and today it has stayed with me. (Of course it has--it's Shane and Shane) Anyway, it seems suffering has been a hot topic in small groups, and discussion with friends..and this song is beautiful Truth.

Today I'm thankful for my friend Claire for meeting me at the crazy late hour last night, and for scripture in song.

hosea

by shane barnard


come let us return
He has torn us into pieces
He has injured us
come let us return to the Lord
He will heal us
He will bandage our wounds
in just a short time He'll restore us
in just a short time He'll restore His church
so we might live
we might live in His presence
in His presence

oh that we might know the Lord
oh that we might know the Lord
oh that we might know the Lord
let us press on to know Him
let us press hard into Him
then as surely as the coming of the dawn
He will respond


bee tea dubs...also see Hosea 6

No comments: