Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hakuna Matata

Yesterday I got the wonderful opportunity to hang out with my friends J. Sally and Zanolee and go to the beach for a while. Unfortunately it took us 2 hours to get there, because we didn't remember it was spring break until we were almost to Daytona. Oh what interesting people and sights there were around that area--I definitely got my people-watching fix from the hour sitting in traffic. Finally we ended up going to a private beach in Ormond near J. Sally's relative's house. It was so nice and quite and while they both took long naps, I read my Financial Accounting textbook. Boresville City.

After I finished (or really just got to a stopping point) I relaxed and starred into the gorgeous blue sky. It was the kind of clear blue that hurt your eyes to stare into...but mesmerizing enough for you to continue starring. There were no clouds in sight from any direction...and a wonderful breeze so no scorching heat either. I consciously paid attention to my breaths becoming deeper and deeper and more relaxed, and to the rhythm of the waves as they crashed against the shore....(crashed is being used very lightly here...as is waves...because I know I have west coast hater readers) My thoughts drifted and were varied but I couldn't help be thankful for those moments of stillness. There was a purity in that meditation. . . a peaceful appreciation for the moment.

Oh how I wish I could have that in the midst of the everyday---an appreciation for the moment...which would in turn overflow to dictate the ways I handled my conversations, my schedule, etc.

We left to go try out a wing shack in Daytona. (shack being used very literally here). .which led to a very fun(ny) experience. My cultural horizons were expanded, for sure. I'm glad that the Lord understands my love for laughter.

On the way back with our food (cause we didn't stay) we started to talk and someone brought up the fact that we are almost Seniors and that people who are everyday faces will be rarely seen again. Blah. Okay-I know for most of you this isn't a big deal because you've already been through it. . .and I also kind of hate that everyone always freaks out about how quickly time goes by especially since this semester isn't over yet and then there's a entire year left of college.

But, with all of that said, that is crazy. How in the world did 3 years of college go by? Where was I? What am I going to hide behind when I graduate? Real world are you even ready for an 'adult' Kaylyn? Is the 'adult' Kaylyn ready for you? I think not.


Bee Tea Dubs....And then I remember the blueness of the sky, the rhythm of the wind and the waves and the ever-constant reminder that in all things the Lord offers me His perfect peace.

No comments: