Friday, March 18, 2011

The least of these...

As promised, here are some photos of my spring break. I didn't do a very good job of actually capturing the work we did...mostly because I was working. But here are some glimpses of where we were and the group. Really random order so prepare yourself for that blessing.



Wednesday was our day off/travel day and we went to Carrytown, where there was a lot of fun little historic shops, food...and I couldn't resist the opportunity for a photo.

Caritas where some poeple painted furniture that will eventually be "sold" [for free] in their warehouse to those transitioning from homelessness.


Carrytown Burgers and Fries..so good. I was enjoying the Hawaiian Burger when my friend Sabrina decided to mini photo shoot.

illegally riding back from some of our sites in the innercity--working at schools and Boas and Ruth the first day.



Margie, one of my favs.
She was sleeping.. I was faking.


Painting the lodge at camp alkulana


I decided to rip/cut with a key it in half so that we could increase productivity. . . it only took 20 minutes to fight it and get it to cooperate. This is my 'celebration on the defeat of the dropcloth' face.


Any trip without a flat isn't a real trip at all...Jimmy the maintenance man of Camp looks on as Jarian and Sabrina work on the tire.
Note: Sabrina asked what was going on. Jimmy explained that the tire was flat so they were rotating it so that it wouldn't be on the flat side. Sabrina said "oh, okay." . . . .


Somehow I ended up with this job before we left camp. . .



Claire and I enjoying the sights before we began the trip back.


Some of the cabins at camp

Team Burgers and Fries...we got shirts from the restaurant and then OWNED at Sardines that night. Won all 4 rounds with a quickness.




The church where we stayed the first part of the week was centered in 'The Fan' district which has lots of historic style homes and we joked that we were on the set of full house.


This was taken in front of a hospital. Why in the world did Margie decide it was a great photo opp is unknown to me.

Our fearless leaders....Margie, Ben, and hour host Beth and her brother.

'Managing and observing'



Painting the church that supports the camp


Most of the group on our free day!


Some girls (LtoR) Brittnie, Claire, Marya, Melissa and me



I said I was taking a nap before dinner... and then it somehow turned into this.

On Richmond Hill overlooking the city




Sadly the only picture I got of working with the kids in Richmond.
Happy because I was rocking the flower and a smile.
Happy because this girl had some sincere joy.
Happy because, thanks to the grace of the Lord, I got to share Joy with her.

Bee Tea Dubs....preach the Gospel at all times. If necessary, use words.

No comments: