Friday, March 4, 2011

Just that kind of day.

Today has been swell. Don't know why, but that word just seems to fit it. Woke up, and decided that even though I was tired, I should get up..and surprisingly I did before I drifted back off into sleep. The shower really woke me up and I wore my yellow sunshine day shirt (ironic, as it has been stormy all day today) and got ready to face the outside world.

Took my goal/to do list half expecting to not cross anything off and headed out. Made a stop by free pancakes and got a delicious (for some reason that spelling just escpaed my brain and I orginally went with 'delish'..and then completely blanked..should it end with -us, -ish, -es..what is happening. PTL for spellcheck. I'd never make it in this world.) banana, chocolate, peanut butter chip pancake before heading to meet a friend to work on a project.

Database design really isn't my thing, and figuring out coding in SQL was a little bit time consuming but I felt special when I started understanding things and it reminded me how much I love to learn new things. Afterwards I stayed in the empty lab to finish up on some other projects and applications.

The lab as well as the campus in general is completely deserted. Today started spring break, as as the day went on I saw fewer and fewer cars, people, movement in general around here. It's sort of fun, in the 'I Am Legend' kind of way. I enjoyed peace and quiet and my choice of computers in the lab, enjoyed being soooo productive with little distraction and moved my car to a premiere parking spot. If you ignore the fact that I just compared it to a mass extermination of humans, I think you'll understand why I enjoyed my free time.

And these extreme circumstances also call for serious people bonding, to us few survivors that are still on campus. My friend Claire came over and sat with me in the empty business school building doing homework before she, Duncan, and I went to Chic-Fil-A for Free Fryday! (how clever of them). Nothing tops off a mass exodus like a wonderful run in with my favorite blessed food, Chic Fil A.

While enjoying our wonderful Chicken Filet, we had great discussion on facebook, technology in general, theology, revelation and the end of the world, politics, people, and embarassing stories. Our lunch went long if you hadn't guessed. It was fun. even though those topics sound a little overwhelming. Nothing calls for deep discussion than a million little humans and their families running around with greasy hands and free waffle fries.

Nothing too special, but for some reason I woke up with a go-getter's attitude and it has energized me to the max. I've marked some things off my list with a focus I almost forgot was possible, had great conversation with friends, and just enjoyed the day and what it had to offer. it's like someone slipped some aderall in my water last night. maybe that was inappropriate ending to the blog. sorry for any offenses.


bee tea dubs, i hope you've enjoyed my snarky, sarcastic tone....i'm just in a fun mood if you can't tell....I'm excited for the spring break mission trip in Richmond, Virginia..nothing sarcastic about that.

No comments: