Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sometimes

......Sometimes I wish my head would shut down because it would give my heart a little bit of a break.

  • The other day I thought to myself "hah, wouldn't it be cool to tell people I lived on the western side of an east coast town on the southern boarder of north carolina."
  • Then I thought to myself, "surely when you start coming up with your own little riddles for yourself--this is a sign that you've lost it"
  • I'm beginning to give up on my hopes for Africa in December. It's just not looking like a reality. Which really saddens my heart. One day, though. One day soon. Please Lord.
  • I've thought a lot about how much we (I) cheapen words by our (my) constant/thoughtless/careless use of them. We (I) must really start putting more of an emphasis on saying what we (I) really mean, rather than choosing to use the easy words and causing words with so much depth/meaning become cliches. (e.g. "love")
  • Tonight I heard "He's not the leavin kind" by Rascal Flatts and for the first time realized it was talking about the Lord. I'm really dense sometimes when it comes to paying attention to what I listen to.
  • I think that the happiest time of my life thus far was my summer working camp.
  • Its always interesting to pause for a second and think about what kind of life we have chosen for ourselves. How small choices have really big affects.
  • The Edwards celebrate Father's Day like most people--with great food. . which means I wasn't very disciplined today. There have been no dramatic results, but part of discipline is sticking with it, so even though I'm dissapointed I'll be doing my workouts this week.
  • This week I'll be near Fort Lauderdale on an audit. Staying in a hotel will be fun, and a different scene. . .but waking up tomorrow at 4:30 will not be. I'm excited for a change of scenery and to get to know the girl that I'm going with better.
  • Today I caught myself being really judgmental in church. It's amazing how hypocritical I can be sometimes. Have patience, He's not done with me yet.
  • The song below moves me every time I listen to it. My prayer tonight is that it is the case in my life no matter where I am.






No comments: