Wednesday, June 8, 2011

As I was pumping gas this evening an unkept, scraggly, skinny man walked up to the guy on the other side of the gas pump and asked if he would drive him down the road for 3 dollars. The guy pumping gas asked where the unkept man was headed and said that he had planned on driving that way anyway so no need to pay.

There was nothing special about the guy pumping gas. He looked like any other blue collar worker in a pick up truck. He didn't have on fancy clothes or look super sophisticated.

This summer, as I work this internship what I want to do with my life is forever in the back of my mind (or the forefront of my mind as the case usually is).

As I cried thinking about the kindness of the man pumping gas, it became very clear to me--

No matter what job I end up with (or go without), how much money I have (or don't have), how my family life is (or isn't)...basically no matter what my circumstances are (or aren't)...

THAT is what I want to do with my life.


Bee Tea Dubs..I know this doesn't help from a practical standpoint...but lately I've been dealing with a lot of practicality and sometimes it's overrated.

No comments: