Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Into the Fray

So yesterday after I got out of probably the worst exam performances of my life, I went directly to A1) Chic Fil A and B2) The Red Box (at this really sketchy gas station down the street from my apartment...but it didn't matter. I was willing to fight the crazies for a little reprieve from the intense-stress-world I've been putting myself in)

I was looking for anything really, but I ended up with "The Grey" and some movie from like 10 years ago about the reality of love or something. I don't even know. I blame it on lack of sleep and the fact that Bradley Cooper's picture was on the front.

Anyway. I watched The Grey first, and good thing because it was pretty suspenseful and my coping skills (or lack thereof) really weren't prepared for all that ensued. Here's an image to help you realize what I had to endure.


It was nice to watching some thoughtless movie afterward and let my blood pressure return to normal.

Anyway.

There was this poem in The Grey that really intrigued me. After some quick iphone googling, I found that the director actually wrote this poem (which was kind of disappointing as I wanted to discover some really historic origin, but overall really impressive).

"Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day."

When I think about how much I take my days for granted this poem reminds us to live each day as a life of its own. To be born with the morning and lay to rest at night. Living and dying each day is far from taking crazy risks and doing once-in-a-lifetime activities on a daily basis.

Rather, let us be reminded to live days worth being proud of. Choosing things to be thankful for. And remembering that we're not guaranteed the next.

----

Bee Tea Dubs: I'd also like to take a moment to let you guys know that i was really saddened to hear that Andy Griffith died recently. Matlock, you will forever be one of my heros.

No comments: