Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Short 2


My favorite part of the weekend by far was tennis with my dad. I got home on Friday and because my dad has Friday's off we got some quality time together. This is my dad [ignore the fact that we were looking at different cameras...we're silly people]



And tennis wasn't awesome because of our fancy tennis skills and moves, or our athletic ability in general, but for a long time I didn't take advantage of the blessing of a close relationship with my dad and I'm thankful that the Lord is gracious to me in allowing me second changes. [and 50th chances]

And, the best part of it all was inviting a boy who was waiting on the town bus to join us. I can't remember his name [a trait I get from my dad] but he was 5 and he was awesome.

I just love, love, love working with that age..it reminds me of a lot of wonderful things humans forget with age. Anyway, I got to play tennis with that kid and he got to run around like crazy. Fun for everyone.

6 comments:

Claire said...

There's my smile :)

Kaylyn said...

Yea Clarie, I did a light post because I was scared I'd send you into a deep, spiraling depression.

Claire said...

A legitimate concern.

I think we should have a part 2 of our post-midnight encounter the other night. What's your Friday schedule? Are you working or anything? Pre-midnight would be preferable. Plus, there was no jamming. That's kind of on a separate note. Mostly...I have thoughts.

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

None of that was really appropriate content for a blog post. But I felt moved to communicate that. However, in response to your tennis talk, I now feel compelled to share this with you. You can interpret it as "when I play tennis" if that feels more apropos:

http://www.yourfunnystuff.com/2011/10/17/what-i-feel-like-when-i-run/

(No, apropos didn't really fit there. In case anyone who actually knows what it means is reading this.)

Kaylyn said...

Claire.
I don't have it set up where the comments go to my email..so whatever previous comment you deleted and are referring to now is completely lost on me.

My day plans: I'm working on work all day today. I'm in the LBC if you want to work on work with me. Hopefully I'll get one class' work load done and do one class each day for the next 4 days. boo.

Your Link: Bahahahaha... that is exactly me when I play tennis.

Also: yes, let's jam. and let's talk. Maybe tomorrow evening? And I had a crazy dream last night. A sad one, not so exciting so I won't share. But if you know a dream interpreter. Call them.