Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sprouts

The teens at the Boys and Girls Club are in the process of creating a garden in memory of their friend who was tragically killed in a car accident last year.

We just planted the seeds last week, but today I got to show some of the younger kids at the B&GC what the older ones were working on and to look at the sprouts that had already popped up.

They are a rambunctious group so I explained that they had to be "chill" as to not disturb the plants who were working so hard to grow. I told them that if they sent love to the plants they would grow faster.

I was in the midst of looking around to make sure I still had everyone, when I saw a girl with a pot in her hand whispering "I love you. I love you. I love you. Please grow. I love you."


Can you say Kaylyn heartbreaking almost tears of over-emotional surge moment? The absolute highlight of my day. Bar none.

1 comment:

Littl Bits said...

I know you said not to expect anything amazing, but you're wrong. This IS amazing.